Enhanced 2023 Hyundai Palisade Revealed at New York Auto Show
The new and improved 2023 Hyundai Palisade was just revealed at the annual New York International Auto Show. The significantly enhanced 2023 Palisade offers freshened interior and exterior design cues, new infotainment and safety features, and advanced driver assistance systems. The 2023 Palisade will arrive at Spokane Hyundai this summer.
What’s New and Notable About the 2023 Hyundai Palisade?
- New front and rear bumper fascia
- New front grille
- New headlamps and daytime running lights
- New multi-spoke alloy wheel design
- Auto-dimming outside mirrors
- New instrument panel, gauge cluster and audio interface design
- New steering wheel design
- New seating surfaces and materials
- Ergo-motion driver’s seat
- 2nd-row armrest angle adjuster (8 passenger, first for Hyundai)
- Heated 3rd-row seats (first application for Hyundai)
- Acoustic-laminated rear door glass (Calligraphy model)
- 12-inch navigation with 720p resolution
- Digital, full-display center rearview mirror (first application for Hyundai)
- WiFi hotspot (first application for Hyundai)
- Digital Key 2 Touch (compatible with iPhone and Android)
- New Bluelink features (see Bluelink detail)
- Enhanced USB-C ports replace USB-A ports (quicker charging up to 3 amps)
- Enhanced wireless device charging (from 5W to 15W)
- Enhanced dynamic voice recognition
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist – Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist helps to avoid collisions with objects in front of the vehicle while driving. If a preceding vehicle suddenly slows, or if a forward-collision risk is detected, such as a stopped vehicle or a pedestrian, it provides a warning. After the warning, if the risk of the collision remains, it can assist with emergency braking.
Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control – Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control can help maintain safe speeds on the highway using navigation data. In a highway curved section, the speed can be reduced appropriately before entering the curve. When leaving the curved section, the speed can return to the original setting.
Highway Driving Assist – Highway Driving Assist helps maintain a set distance and speed from the vehicle ahead when driving on a highway and helps center the vehicle in the lane, even when driving through curves.
Reverse Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist – Reverse Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist can help avoid collisions with rearward objects detected while reversing. If there is a risk of collision detected with a rearward object while reversing, the system provides a warning. After the warning, if the risk of the collision remains, it can assist with emergency braking.
Remote Smart Parking Assist – Remote Smart Parking Assist helps remotely park or exit a parking spot from outside the vehicle.
Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist – Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist can help avoid collisions with oncoming vehicles detected on the left or right side of the vehicle while reversing. If there is a risk of collision detected with an oncoming vehicle on the left or right side while reversing, it provides a warning. After the warning, if the risk of the collision remains, it can assist with emergency braking.
Lane Keeping Assist – Lane Keeping Assist helps to keep the vehicle within the lane while driving.
Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist – Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist helps to avoid collisions with a rear-side vehicle when changing lanes. When operating the turn signal to change lanes, if there is a risk of collision detected with a rear-side vehicle, it can provide a warning. If exiting a parallel parking spot and there is a risk of collision detected with a rear-side vehicle, it can assist with emergency braking.
Rugged XRT Trim Added to the Palisade Model Lineup
The 2023 Palisade lineup offers a new, dark-themed, rugged XRT model to complement the Santa Fe and Tucson XRT models in the Hyundai SUV line-up. The Palisade XRT will include:
- Dark-finish, rugged-themed 20-inch alloy wheels
- Rugged-look front and rear fascia with skid plate design elements
- Rugged-look lower door trim
- Dark-finish front grille
- Black roof rails
- Power sunroof (conventional type)
- Black leatherette seating surfaces